Using Vikunja with n8n #
Table of contents
To install the node in your n8n installation:
- In your n8n instance, go to Settings > Community Nodes.
- Select Install.
n8n-nodes-vikunjaas the npm Package Name
- Agree to the risks of using community nodes: select I understand the risks of installing unverified code from a public source.
- Select Install. n8n installs the node, and returns to the Community Nodes list in Settings.
- Vikunja actions and triggers are now available in n8n.
To authenticate your automation against Vikunja:
- In Vikunja, go to Settings > API Tokens and create a new token. Use all scopes for the kind of task you want to
Note: If you want to use the webhook trigger node, the api token should have permissions to create, read and delete webhooks.
- Now in n8n, go to Credentials and then click on Add Credential.
- Search for
Vikunja APIand click Continue
- Enter the API key you created in step 1.
- Enter the API URL of your Vikunja instance, with
- When you now create a Vikunja node, select the created credentials.